To take part in the HOME Rehab Trial, you must meet some criteria. Find out if the HOME Rehab Trial is right for you. Participation is voluntary.
Can I participate in the study?
The HOME Rehab Trial is for stroke patients who are in a rehabilitation hospital bed and expected to return to live in a community dwelling after being discharged (in their own home, independent living unit or living with family).
You must answer YES to ALL of the following to be eligible:
- Has your doctor confirmed a diagnosis of stroke?
- Are you at least 45 years of age?
- Were you independent in activities of daily living (showering, dressing, etc) before your stroke?
- Have you been admitted to hospital for inpatient rehabilitation?
- Are you expected return to live in a community dwelling after discharge (community dwellings might be your own home, an independent living unit or living with family)?
Are there any reasons why I can’t participate?
If you answer YES to ANY of the following, you are not likely to be eligible to participate in this trial:
- Do you need a major home modification to return home (such as a whole bathroom modification)?
- Is the current plan for your discharge to be to an aged care facility? or family, where someone will provide you with most of your daily assistance with bathing and dressing?
Is your living address will be more than 2 hours travel to one of our recruiting hospitals?
- Do you have significant difficulty remembering or understanding information? Or making decisions? Our recruitment therapists are happy to test this if you’re unsure
- Do you have significant aphasia since the stroke (difficulty speaking or understanding speech)? Our recruitment therapists are happy to test this if you’re unsure
If you think the HOME Rehab Trial might be right for you, or if you’d like more information, please contact our National Trial Coordinator who will provide you with more information or register you for the trial.